Monday, October 8, 2007

Communication





As much as communicating with a toddler can be full of excitement, it can also be full of frustration. For example, yesterday Hogan wanted me to "open" his apple. I tried cutting it in half. "NOOOO! Open it!" I tried slicing it. "NOOOOOO! Open it!" I tried mincing it. "NOOOOO! Open it!" Finally, after careful observation (and much exasperated sighing), I noticed that he was trying to eat the apple without the skin and if he got skin in his mouth he was spitting it out. Finally, I got it. "Open" the apple means to peel the skin off. Breakthrough. Snacktime could happily resume.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

allisonw said...

You're great. I love what you write and how you capture such wonderful moments. And now you know what opening an apple means. Duh! ;-)