Friday, October 10, 2008

Walking Away

I didn't even mean to take this picture- it was a mistaken click. But there was something about this picture that made me hesitate to delete it. I don't know if it was the purposeful stride or the pant legs that don't have to be rolled up anymore, or maybe it was the fact that as he was leaving he turned to me and said "I'll be right back" as he headed to the house to go get something. For just a moment I caught a glimpse of the little boy, the teenager, the man that he is going to become.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome moment...

sweetsong said...

Those reflective parenting moments...it is so hard to describe what they do to your heart and mind at the same time. They are so beautiful and so good and yet somehow you feel just a little sad too.

We need to get together soon. I am going to look into the apple orchard. Maybe we could take the kids apple picking one afternoon??

MB

PS Thank you for your sweet gift. Emory loves her "rainbow horses."