Monday, June 25, 2007

Applied Technology








Even though I technically know Hogan probably shouldn't be messing with the DVD player I sometimes like to see how situations will play out. When he walked into the living room with a DVD case from one of his Baby Einstein movies I just watched with curiosity to see what he was planning to do because it was evident he did have a plan. First, he came to me to get it opened. Unfortunately, this case was empty. I thought this might be the end, but he surprised me by going to the shelf where we keep his other DVDs and finding another movie, which of course, I opened for him. He pulled out the DVD and toddled in his bow-legged way over to the DVD player with confidence. He knew exactly what to do. He pushed the 'open' button and slipped his DVD in. Things like this make me realize very quickly that it's going to be very hard to be smarter than Hogan when he turns 16...or 4.

No comments: