Sunday, June 17, 2007

Choo! Choo!

I've been wondering how this Thomas the Tank Engine craze starts with little boys. I think I know now. It starts out small like by playing with the public library's play train set. I noticed that Hogan enjoyed playing with the trains at the library. He carefully watched the older kids to see what they did while he stood by and sucked on the train pieces. Last week all of a sudden he got it. He started putting the trains on the track and pushing them.

So, when I saw that the train museum in Dallas was having a train fest, I thought how perfect. He gets trains now, he'll really like seeing an actual train. While watching the model train zoom around the track Hogan shouted 'choo choo' Any time we said the word train out came 'choo choo' How did he know this? Where did this come from?

Today at Barnes and Noble Hogan and I visited the kid's section which also has a play train set while Troy was choosing his Father's Day book (Happy Father's Day by the way!). 'Choo Choo' he delightedly laughed as he dragged and pushed the trains across the bridge and down the hill. And then it happened....Hogan turned around and saw behind him a shelf filled from top to bottom with Thomas the Tank Engine stuff. He walked over grabbed a stuffed Thomas train and gave it a hug. Such love. So, I guess we're officially beginning our Thomas the Tank Engine journey. I thought I could avoid it, but alas, I will be just one more parent added to the list of many who have traveled the worn tracks of Thomas books, toys and games before me. Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

M.B.S. said...

I love your blog, e! What wonderful pictures and text.

I'm not "up" on all the Thomas characters, and some of the texts I've read are a little above my head. Yet I love the gear. Why? I love the round face, the colors--and anything on wheels. Gotta love trains! I'm glad Hogan is on the bandwagon--no traintrack!