Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camping


My philosophy on family vacations is similar to my philosophy on golf. When playing golf as long as I hit a few more good shots than bad shots I feel like I might come out and play again. Likewise, with family vacations, if the good moments outweigh the bad, then there's a chance we'll load up and venture out next summer. Thankfully, on this camping trip there were plenty of endearing moments to cancel out the melt downs, stuffy tent, pesky raccoons, and sweltering heat. Here are a few of my favorites:

1) taking naps with Hogan on the hammock

2) playing Scrabble by flashlight

3) finding rocks to throw in the lake

4) ice cold red cream soda and black cherry soda

5) Hogan sleeping soundly for 2 out of the 3 nights

6) Troy's fantastic grilled dinners

7) hiking

8) air conditioned places in Tyler

9) having the whole movie theater to ourselves one afternoon

10) getting our favorite campsite (#138 for anyone who ever ventures out to Tyler State Park)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Ragland's said...

I bet it was hot! I want to go camping myself, when I was younger my family went on a annual camping trip to Garner State Park! We had a blast-- but we stayed in shelters and tents. If you want to go some where amazing look up Garner!
Hope to see you guys soon!
Shelli

sweetsong said...

E.

I love your list. Really, life is full of such beautiful moments....listing them out always makes me smile and my heart glad. Also, you have some wonderful photos. I'm impressed. I pretend like I am a photographer....just like Emory pretends that she is a: dancing princess, figherfighter, doctor. :)
-MB