Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Climbing Trees




My grandparents have this pole in their basement. I think it's part of the support structure, but as a kid it was the coolest thing to have this fireman pole downstairs. Everytime I visited when I was younger my brother, sister, all the cousins and I all tried to climb this pole. At the time it seemed so tall and it was quite a feat for a cousin to scale it and touch the ceiling. Seeing the pole now from adult eyes makes me laugh. I can touch the basement ceiling with my hand probably and the pole is maybe only six feet tall.

Watching Hogan climb these trees makes me remember that pole in the basement. I know he thinks he's climbed great heights. He just can't believe that he made it up these trees. I laugh to think what he'll say when we come back years from now to visit his first home-to see these trees that seemed so big when he was 3.

Hogan says: "I was climbing the trees. Lots of trees. Five trees. Six trees. Nine trees. Seven trees. Eight trees. That's a lot of trees.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: