Friday, June 12, 2009

Daddy's Boots



More and more Hogan wants to do things like his daddy. Just yesterday in the car Hogan told me that he wanted to take his big blue ball far out into the trees. "But not with you mom. Dad will do it." And just like that I realized there are just some things that only dads can do- like keep you safe from lightning, throw the ball far into the woods and then take you to find it, withstand full force tackles, and teach you the names of all the Texas Rangers. Hogan will always be a mama's boy- I'm good for hugs, kisses, stories and comfort, but there's nothing that can replace a loving daddy, and I'm so thankful that Hogan has one.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sweetsong said...

Very, very sweet and so very true.

Michelle said...

Hogan is so cute! Every kid needs to have a picture in his/her daddy's boots. It's a classic. I hope yall are doing well!