Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In the Car

While we did visit many interesting places from Texas to North Carolina and then back again, I have to dedicate the last travel photos to inside the car. We learned a lot about one another on these long 13 hour days in the car. We learned that each of us had a breaking point. On our 2nd day of travel on the way to North Carolina Troy said that he had lost his will to drive back. He told Hogan and I that we needed to start thinking of building a life in North Carolina because he didn't think he could drive all the way back to Texas.

My breaking point was when Hogan went for 10 straight hours without taking a nap. I didn't think I could pull out one more entertaining trick without crying. Even though he was being so good in the back seat it took a constant changing of activities every 10-15 minutes to keep him satisfied. This is a grueling pace!

Hogan hit his breaking point about every two hours. I would start rummaging through my box of things and handing him different things and when every single answer was an emphatic, "No!" we knew we needed to stop and take a break.


















Overall, it was a fun trip and we'll definitely do it again. We think that if we can make it through four 13-hour days in the car, we can really do anything and go anywhere. Road trip anyone???






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

allisonw said...

I'm glad you made it home safely, even if it was a bit tiring and annoying. Hope you guys can catch up on your rest!