Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Night Night ducks

The closest park to us has a duck pond. These ducks must get fed a lot because they hang out on the sidewalk right beside the pond and do not seemed the slightest bit ruffled when people approach, even when one of them is an 18-month old walking ball of curiosity. The first day that Hogan and I visited the ducks, I didn't have my camera and we didn't bring food. These ducks kept their heads nestled into their feathers and wouldn't even look at us. Hogan watched the sleeping ducks, looked at me, and said, "Night? Night?" The next time we went to the park we brought food. We're no dummies. As soon as we threw the first morsel the "sleeping" ducks awakened and waddled over to the food. However, the ducks did not keep the personal space rule, and I was afraid to move too far from Hogan. I was pretty sure that given the chance Hogan would try to "touch it". I was also pretty sure that given the chance this Godfather of a duck was going to snatch Hogan's cracker right out of his hand.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: