Friday, August 17, 2007

Back Float

Throughout swimming lessons Hogan resisted the back float. In fact, he would cry and wriggle anytime he was on his back. He hated it! But something I've learned about Hogan is that he's a thinker and an experimenter. As adventurous as he is, there are times when he's cautious. If something is new he'll often adamantly steer clear. Afterwards, though, the wheels start turning. He begins to watch other kids when they do it. He starts experimenting on his own. And then one day he gets it. The following is an approximation of our conversation yesterday afternoon. "Mommy! Hair" To which I replied, "Yes, you put your hair in the water." "Mommy! Hair!" "Yes, Hogan you can put your hair in the water. Wow!" "Mommy! Hair!" "Yeah Hogan! You can put your hair in the water." "Mommy!....I think you get the picture. So- several weeks after swimming lessons he's decided it's okay to be on your back in the water.l
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

allisonw said...

Those are the best pictures ever. I'm screensaving them for sure! I love you guys!

M.B.S. said...

I love this post--his accomplishments, what you say about his process and personality, and the colors. Red shorts, zany shoes, and that blue, blue pool. I want to be Hogan in those pictures! Bliss!